|Best Microfiche Scanning Services from IImage Retrieval Inc
IImage Retrieval offers a wide variety of services at our production facility in Carrollton, TX. Our flaghip has always been and currently is microfilm and microfiche scanning. With over 20 years of experience, IIRI’s management team is considered professionals in all types of microform scanning. Our production facility is equipped with top of the line fichescanners, some of which are designed, developed, and produced by IImage Retrieval to handle the more difficult film.
For many of our projects we use a method called ribbon scanning. This essentially allows us to scan the whole fiche in one large uncompressed ribbon file and crop the image after the scan.
|Quantity ||Price/Fiche |
|1 to 50 ||$10 |
|51 to 100 ||$8 |
|101 to 200 ||$6 |
|All microfiche are scanned at 200 to 300 dpi with the choice of JPEG/50 or TIFF-G4 output. For raw output, add $3/fiche |
*Prices are for fiche containing 5 rows and 60 or 72 frames
With microform scanning being IIRI’s most sought after service, we pride ourselves with each and every delivered image. All projects taken on by IIRI go through a production process with many checks and balcances to deliver consistent quality images. NextScan scanners allow us to scan all types and sizes of microfilm, microfiche, and aperture cards.
We digitize microfiche, roll film, and aperture cards for:
- Libraries, Archives, and Historical Societies
- Institutional and Corporate customers
- School Districts and Universities
- Law firms and Litigation service companies
- Engineering and Aerospace customers
Due to the potential inconsistent nature of microfiche, scanning requires a high level of operator expertise to correctly capture well all images on the fiche. Depending on how the fiche was created and possibly duplicated the film could have moved, overlapped, or just been filmed incorrectly. IIRI uses scanners and software that captures the full fiche and then detects individual pages or frames. The operator can then review the images and adjust ones that need extra attention such as deskew, despceckle, gamma, & precise cropping. Once all the images on a fiche have been correctly detected and outlined, the scanner operator will send the fiche to crop out the individual images.
IImage Retrieval is able to adjust the frame detection as many times as required in order to perfectly capture every frame on the fiche. Frame boundaries can even by redrawn by the operator by simply dragging them with a mouse. Our operators spend the majority of their time QAing and tweaking images BEFORE they’re output (not after), so there are no mistakes to correct in the final images. We get it right the first time, and guarantee that we correctly capture 100% of the frames.
- 1 bit Bitonal (black and white)
- 8bit/256-level Grayscale (better preserves fine details like handwriting, rubber stamps, and photographs)
- 100 – 600 dpi true optical resolution (depending on application)
- Crop / Deskew / Edge Enhance/ Despeckle
- Rotate to Proper Orientation
- Black Border Removal
- Split 2-up frames into individual pages
Image File Formats
- TIFF- G4 bitonal, Jpeg, or 8bit Uncompressed per CDL and NDNP Specs
- PDF - Image Only, single page or multi page
- Searchable PDF - Full text searchable with invisible text under the image
- JPEG - with selectable quality